Thursday, October 17, 2002

Woohoo! I am done! I just finished my third midterm, I am done for the day, and I am done for the week, because I don't have class tomorrow. The one class I would have, we took the midterm today, so there's no class! And I won't have class again until Wed. because of Fall Break! There's still lots to do, like tomorrow I will proably write a rough draft of our essay for Writing 50, but, it's nice to have some time off! And Caille's mom is coming tomorrow, and bringing our costumes, so I will get to see those! I am so excited! I can't wait to see what they look like! I hope they are pretty, Camille assures me that they will be! :) I had a prospective student spend the night Mon. She was very nice. Her name was Sarah, and she lives on Bainbridge Island, so fairly close to home. She seemed very interested in Scripps, though she was looking at Pomona too. Remind you of anyone? :) She came to social dance with me, and seemed to enjoy herself. She already knew how to salsa and cha-cha, which was good because we did some of that along with learning more waltz steps. I can waltz now! I love it! She stayed with Camille during orchestra, and then we all went to the Motley. I found out a week ago that I shouldn't drink chai before bed, because it has caffeine and that is bad when you want to go to sleep! But I am now in love with steamers! It's just steamed milk with a bit of the flavoring that you would use in an Italian soda, oh, they are so good! So I have one of those when we go to the Motley now. Anway, we were there for a while, and Meagan came over, and she and Sarah went to the same high school, so they talked about people they both knew, and how things were going. We went back to the room about 11:30, because I was tired, and Sarah had an interview at Pomona in the morning. She saw my Set deck though, and we had to play a game because she knew about Set! So we played, and she won! I sent her off the next morning after breakfast. I think she really enjoyed herself, or she seemed to, so I hope that she actually did. My first prospe! Tuesday night was Lindy hop and snack! We did these frame exercises in Lindy, which were funny. We did a whole bunch with our eyes closed. And there was one where the girls were "shopping carts!" It was rather funny. We won't meet again until next Tues., I'm kind of sad. I enjoy Lindy a lot! It's fun to learn something new. Apparently though, I'm still not holding my arm quite right. I free danced with Tatsu after the lesson (Tatsu is the teacher Tues. nights), he was the one who first taught me about frame, and tension. Well, he was trying to tell me what I was doing wrong, and I understood, but I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to do it right. So I went back to the room, and we went to snack, and then I studied for the psychology exam I had the next day. I think that one went well. It was funny because I was reading through the study guide, and I saw narcolepsy, and I knew what it was, so I didn't think too much about it, but I thought it was rather strange that it was there. Later, insomnia showed up. And then it clicked! The chapter on sleep was going to be on the exam too! I'm so glad I realized that when I did! We had social dance, and we reviewed our waltz steps, and learned some fox trot steps! I like the fox trot a lot! It's fun, a kind of faster waltz. In the middle of class, he turned on a polka! Sarra and I knew what it was, and we knew the basic step, but Jay, who was my partner at that point didn't know it. Ian knew, but he was too far away, so we were polkaing around by ourselves in the corner while the rest of the class stood around going "we don't know what this is." It was funny. Sarra got her ballroom shoes. I hope mine come soon! I want to start practicing in them, and it would be fun to wear them to the Halloween party if I feel comfortable enough in them, but I can't wear them if I don't have them! I went back to my room, and Becca was already there making flash cards of the authors and pieces for Core. Talya came down shortly after, and Meagan came over to join us. Mandy popped in and out throughout the night. We went over the flash cards, and then I quizzed them by reading quotes from the texts and having them identify them. We went to the study break around 10:30, and then Meagan, Talya and I took a break from Core to talk about Writing until 11:30. I went back to our room, and looked over my Latin quickly. I figured that if I didn't know it already, I wasn't going to learn it then. I went to the Motley for breakfast this morning, and got things for Mandy and I. They didn't have any yogurt though, I was sad. The Latin midterm went OK. I know that I missed a couple things, but overall, I feel pretty good about it. She asked us to help her name her cat, in the translation part of the midterm! It was funny, because she told us that she really did want us to answer that. She got a new cat yesterday, apparently. I went straight to Core after that. The room smelled funny, but it wasn't too bad. Not like the vacuum smell in our room that one time! The Italian professor told us that one of the lights had burned out, and she had called maintenance to come see why it was making funny smells. We decided that we could live with it, and Prof. Aisenburg passed out the midterms. We were already running five minutes late because he was late. A few minutes later, the light came back on, and a maintenance guy walked into the room, but while he was there, the light flashed, went purple, and went out again, except this time it started smoking! And the smoke smelled bad! So we decided to move! So by the time we relocated to the auditorium, we were running about fifteen minutes behind. He let us have some extra time at the end, and I did finish, but I didn't do the extra credit, there wasn't time. But what I did, I think I did well, so hopefully, I'm right. I went to lunch with Sarra and Taly after saying goodbye to Mandy. She's going home for the break. Then we went to writing. The prompt for the midterm wasn't hard. I knew basically what I was going to write as soon as I read it, which was good. I read the story looking for quotes for about 20 minutes, and then I wrote my essay in an hour, which was normal because that's what our in-class-writes were last year. I feel pretty good about that one too, so hopefully I'll do well on all of them! In the meantime, yay! I'm half way done! I can't believe it! Time is flying so fast! It's fun though! It's been rather chilly here, our room stays around 75, which is nice, I think outside must have been around 60 or a bit colder. It was chilly, but normal for home. Although I heard it's been a lot colder there lately! Yay for a five day weekend! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home