Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Er?

I just got a call from a Dr. at Santa Clara University. He wanted to offer me a job at a middle school in San Jose. Why? Because I passed the CSET. I haven't even been through a teaching program!

Is the state of education so bad in this country that they would resort to calling anyone who's passed their qualification tests to offer them a teaching job? How do they know I know how to teach?! It's no wonder kids these days get a crappy education, if they're filling the schools with people who haven't been trained in education. *sigh*

It is still sort of amusing to me though, that they would flip through test scores to find me and then offer me a job out of the blue. He was sort of confused when I told him I was doing neuroscience research. :) What did he expect?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home