Saturday, October 19, 2002

I am feeling a bit lonely this morning, but I am also sparkly! Camille and her mom have gone to breakfast, and I feel like I'm the only one in the dorm! It is so quiet! It's quiet anyway, but this is unusually quiet. Yesterday, I was walking to get my mail, and I only saw three other people! It was nice though, to walk between the trees, just me and the birds. Quiet moments like that are fun. But I miss you all. It would be fun if someone were down here with me. Next year, we'll have to plan for Fall Break. This morning, Camille did eyeliner on me! She has colored eyeliner, and then she puts glitter over it! It's really pretty! So today I have sparkly eyes! :) I think I might ask her to do it again for the Halloween party. That would be fun! I'm going to try to do my hair the way I had it for Mattress, but it might be hard, because I have dance rehearsal that afternoon, and it's hard to dance with a head full of curlers, but I might just make do, because I like my hair all curly, and it will be up, so I won't get too hot dancing that night. We'll see how things work out! Last night, Camille's mom drove us to 21 Choices. It's a frozen yogurt store, and they have several flavors of frozen yogurt to choose from, and then you can choose a topping and they mush it in to the frozen yogurt! It's very cool. I had pumpkin pie frozen yogurt! It was delicious! Yum! It was fun because Scripps had given us gift certificates there, so mine was free! You've got to love free things! Especially when they're delicious! Meagan and I went to the Green House for dinner last night. It's on Pomona campus, and it is actually in a green house! It was very fun! They had good food there too! The dresses that Camille's mom brought us are gorgeous! Camille's is the prettiest, I think, because it's blue and got pretty shimmery stuff on it, but all of them are really nice! Mandy's is pink, and she's going to love it, I can tell already. Because not only is it pink, it has silver lace for trim! She's going to be so excited! Becca's is sea green, and it is pretty. It has a bit of a train on it, so she'll have to try it on when she gets back. She was worried about the train getting in the way for dancing. There's a red one, which Camille wore for her senior pictures, it is really pretty too! I like it a lot, so I hope Talya likes the other one, because I would really like to wear the red one, but I'll have to work it out with her. I can hope though! The only thing the red one needs is some cord to lace up the bodice. We might use the silver ribbon that Mommy sent with me, but I think I'll look for some cord today when we go out, to see what else there might be; just because I don't know if there is enough ribbon. We are going shopping this morning. When Camille and her mom get back from breakfast. We are going to stock up on some things like hand soap and kleenex, so that we don't have to get any again for a while, and then hopefully, we'll go to the mall so that I can look for something black! I really want to find a cute skirt! Hopefully I can! I think I'm also going to get a curling iron, because no one I know has one! You would think at a girl's school, there would be curling irons everywhere! Nope! :) Oh, here's a funny fact: apparently, when construction was going on at Scripps, there was a sign out on Foothill Blvd. that said: "Scripps College for Women Under Construction." :) I like it, because it has a double meaning, and we really are under construction, so it works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home