Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Well, I didn't go shopping this weekend, I went to the Getty museum instead. Just as we were getting ready to leave, Talya and her mom dropped by to see if I wanted to go with them, and Camille convinced me to go because I had never been before. I'm glad she did! It was fabulous! There was one room with somewhere around seven Monets, and then Van Gogh's Irises in the same room! It was fantastic! I really enjoyed that room a lot! All of it was great though. There were also two Degas in another room. Apparently there is an ancient art exhibit downstairs that I would like to go back and see at some point. It's amazing how much art one guy could collect in his life! The garden was fun too! There was an azaelia maze, but it was in the middle of a pond, so you couldn't really go through it. :) Anyway, I enjoyed the museum! We went to dinner that night at Bucca di Beppo's, which was really fun because they bring you a gigantic platter of whatever you order, and you all share it! Talya and I have decided that we need to take our whole group out there for dinner one night! Especially because if you take around ten people, dinner costs two dollars a piece, and you can't get much better than that! Sun., Camille said good bye to here mom, and John, and Talya said goodbye to her family, so that night we stayed together because they were both feeling a bit lonely. We played Set and Apples to Apples, and Xactika, which we all decided is rather addicting! Camille and I also went to the farmer's market and bought lots of fruit! I found these absolutely delicious apples called Pink Ladies! They are so good! And we got six kiwis for $1.50! We also found out that the bagel shop, which sells their bagels for 75 cents a piece, also gives students a ten% discount! And I got a cinnamin-raisin bagel fresh out of the oven! Oh, that was yummy! So, we have our supply of fruit for the week! And bagels for the last two days. We went to Frank last night for dinner, that's the Pomona dining hall. They have chocolate milk! :) They also have really good food! We met Mike there last night, and he came back with us to play games. We played Set again, and I won, again. :) We played Xactika, and I lost, again. :) I lost the first time with -13! Last night it was -8! I'm getting better, but still! It's sad! Camille won with 7 points. We also discovered that Mike is really good at Apples to Apples. He won twice over because we played to ten green cards, then decided we were having so much fun that we would play to fifteen! He had ten and fifteen first! When John arrived (John is Camille's boyfriend), we were playing BS. We had a couple good rounds of that, then we went back to Apples to Apples. John won, but Mike was in second. Maybe it's just that guys have an advantage! I did get a rough draft of my essay done yesterday though, so it wasn't all play, and I have finished most of my work for the week today, so I have been productive, which is good. Although my printer ran out of black ink, so I'm going to have to remedy that problem in the next couple days. :) Yay! Break was fun! And tomorrow classes start again. I start back into the swing of things tonight with orchestra and Lindy! It should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home