Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Oh this is fabulous! So, my mom told me that she was talking to the teacher she works with, and Nora (the teacher) told my mom that she thought Ian must be a very good friend to come up here and visit me, and "she could just see that we'd get married and have lots of kids who danced." I laughed and told my mom I would never marry Ian. She didn't understand why. :)
So there's this interesting situation where a bunch of us thought that Ian and Ashleigh were either together already, or at least thinking about it seriously, I didn't get a chance to ask Ian yet, which I'm very disappointed in, but I partially forgot, and partly it never came up. But Ashleigh claims that they're not together, very vehemently actually. It was such an amusing conversation, because she had no idea that he was telling people she was his girlfriend, and apparently thought she had made it very clear that they weren't together. Unbeknownst to her, he thinks otherwise, as far as we know. So, your beloved super-spy and gossip queen ;) (Because that's exactly what I am. Riiiiiight.) is going to do some recconnaisance work for Ashleigh, and we'll see what happens. I find it a very interesting, and pretty funny situation, although I'm not sure how funny Ian will find it. *sigh* Silly boy.
But we had a fabulous time while he was up here! He got here around dinner time Sunday evening, so he ate, and then we talked for a little while, and then went out to the Century, which isn't my favorite place, and I still don't really like it, but I hadn't been for a year, so I just won't go there anymore unless there's something really good going on. But Ian had a good time. Which is good. Oh, he also gave me my very first lesson in driving a manual. I stalled the car. It was exciting. That's all we had time for because then Matt arrived. But I "tried to drive" Ian's very very cool and sexy car. It's a really awesome car. And so fun to ride in! We got to put the top down on the drive home Monday night because it was finally not raining, and it was fabulous! I've never been in a true convertible before, just t-tops, so it was really fun! And it's red, and awesome! Enough about the car. :) We went to the museum of flight on Monday, and went through the new Wing of Courage. It was amazing! We just went through the WWII section, there was a whole nother floor of WWI, and we didn't even get to it, though we spent about four hours, although we did spend some time in the regular wing too. But the fighter jets are amazing. And the exhibits are really really well done. I wish we'd had more time. But that was really fun. And we went out dancing that night too, and I saw Andrew! For the first time this summer. :) So it was a really fun night because there were a bunch of us! Ian left yesterday morning to go down to Ashland. And it was a gorgeous day, so the top was down for sure. :) Anyway, we had a good time, and I'm so glad he got to come up here. I just adore having visitors! :)
Other things: so, my internship was awesome today, I love the program we're using to measure the brain. I get to measure the basal ganglia, so I'm actually doing volumes instead of just areas. And none of this may make sense/matter to you, but I'm going to tell you anyway because I'm excited! So, I have to measure the putamen and the caudate, which because it's just the two of them mean that I'm actually measuring the striatum and not the basal ganglia, but whatever, she called it the basal ganglia. :) So I get to paint them in on each of the slices in the scan. And it's fun, because I get to choose two colors, and then basically color. But I want a more accurate tool, because I can't quite fill in exactly what I want to. Because you just can't be that accurate. But Elizabeth told me I was being too neurotic. But both Winslow and I were commisurating on being perfectionists. :) Winslow, is the other intern, he goes to Swarthmore, and lives up here. He seems pretty nice, but his school is tiny! I'm so glad I don't go anywhere that small. It's the size of Pomona, but that's all there is! I can't even imagine. No resources. *sigh* I am such a lucky girl. :)
I'm so envious of all of you with free time. You'd think I'd have some too right? Wrong! It's not summer here! *sigh* But at least I'm having fun most of the time. Anyway, this is super long, so I'm going to stop, but have a wonderful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home