Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Queen Says....

OK, so a couple things happened yesterday that I find absolutely hilarious, and had to share.

The first is that I had a letter in my mailbox! Now, it's always exciting to get mail. But I opened it up, and it's an envelope from Pomona College, addressed to me, at "# 564 Mallott." There are a couple things wrong with this. The first is that they spelled Malott wrong. The second, and most important is that Malott is our dining hall, and I don't live there. So I open up the letter, being very curious as to what in the world is going on, and inside there's a letter addressed to Pomona Classics Majors. I'm not a Classics major, nor am I a Pomona student, so the whole thing was just highly amusing. As Adam pointed out to me later, there are only two Classics majors at Pomona, and they probably wanted more than two people to take the survey, but still. I'm a Pomona Classics major that lives in "Mallott" guys. Didn't know that about me, did ya? ;)

The second thing is that PC and I won the Polka competition at the lab comp. yesterday. It was soooo funny. Yesterday morning, I sat down next to PC, and said, so, about this polka, and he was like, yeah, about it. Realize, we hadn't danced polka together in a year. But, as he pointed out. The last time we did polka, we'd never danced together before, and we still got third. So, we decided we'd just wing it. So, I get there, and realize that we're wearing the same color scheme, which was awesome. Unintentional, but awesome. (We seem to do this a lot. It's funny.) So, we make up our entrance on the fly, he's trying to do every dance but polka, and I'm chastising him for doing the wrong thing. It was amusing. We start dancing, and we even had to pull out our signature move, which was to split and go around both sides of a couple in front of us. It was great. So, we made it to the second round, and this time, we pulled out the pushups. I made PC get down on the floor and do pushups. It was absolutely amazing, and I maintain that this is why we won. :) We also pulled off the split again, the second time better than before, and did some other crazy stuff, like having me run around him. And then fell down on the floor and went to "sleep" at the end. It was soooooo fun! And totally made up on the spot. But it worked! We had people laughing, and we won! So PC and I are the King and Queen of Polka for the semester. We'll hope to hang onto our titles next semester as well. It was so much fun! PC is awesome. :)

The last thing that was amusing was that I managed to get lipstick on the back of Andrew's shirt during the medley. This actually was not as hard as it sounds, although it's still slightly impressive considering we're in front of the guys most of the time. So, there's a part at the very beginning of the routine where the guys put their arms above their heads, and we're behind them. Well, Andrew' normally leans back just a little, so I was prepared for that. The problem was that he's not normally wearing a tux shirt that puffs. So the shirt puffed, and I wasn't quite far enough away, so there was a little red lipstick line on the back of his shirt for the rest of the performance. I feel so bad! But the funny thing is that I realized this happens often. It seems like every time I'm wearing competition lipstick, I manage to get it on at least one guy I'm dancing with. I know I've done it to Matt a couple times, maybe Ian once, and possibly Andrew as well. It's just really funny. I should just go around kissing everyone before I perform, then maybe I won't get it on their shirts, since they'll already have lipstick from me on them. ;)

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, living in the dining hall could have its definite pluses...

i'm imagining you curled into one of those cubby holes on the east side. cozy. ;)

and congrats on the dance. it sounds hilarious.
- alanna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home