Thursday, May 26, 2005

Worst Fear Ever

So, I found out yesterday that Liberty Hamilton, one of my fellow soon-to-be-seniors at Scripps, and a dancer (we danced together my first year when I did the Scripps-Pomona dance concert) got hit by a bus in Buenos Aires. She will live, and from about the waist up is as fine as you can be, but her legs are a mess, and with a lot of surgery, she may be able to walk again. But she will almost certainly never be able to dance again. Talk about having mortality brought home to you. What happened to Liberty is my worst fear, having to live without dance... it makes me want to vomit to think about it. I was in shock for quite a while yesterday. It makes me very thankful that I can still move and dance. Very thankful. Put Liberty in your thoughts, I hope for her sake that the surgeries go well.

2 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your friend Liberty
We sure are enjoying your blogs
Miss the I M hats
Love G and g

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie! I found your blog today while googling myself.... haha! Luckily I am dancing very well now (in fact, I've taken up Wushu... Chinese martial arts... youtube it). Hope you're having a good time.
-Liberty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home