Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Alan's House

Well, I guess it's kind of my house until August, but still. Not really mine. I just thought I would show you all where I'm living for the next two and a half months, and it was actually sunny yesterday afternoon, so I took some pictures around the house. :)

Here's what you can see from the front of the house, but the driveway is off an alley in the back, so they just have a huge yard. But they were really smart Californians and got a yard that's not grass, so there's no watering needed really. Nice from my point of view!


The front of the house, with it's low maintenance yard. Posted by Hello

This is the backyard, which I absolutely adore. It's got all kinds of fruit trees and pretty flowers in it.


Alan's backyard, a truly English garden. Posted by Hello


The kitchen, where I will be spending lots of time learning to cook yummy things. Posted by Hello

And the above is the kitchen, which gave me my first home-owner adventure this morning. The plumbing under the sink decided to leak, and made a mess in the cupboard underneath. Fortunately, the leak was easy to fix, just a loose connection that I could screw back in. But still, lots of cleaning!


The family room with all the NW native american art. Posted by Hello

And finally, the family room, which I enjoy because it feels kind of homey with it's NW flavor. The fridge even has a slug on it. :)

Anyway, enjoy. Now you have an idea of where I am. It's nice. But I miss you all.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie

congrats on the excellent grades - yes your Pain in the a---- classwork really was worth it. Hope you don't have too many more like it.

What a wonderful place to spend the summer - almost a northwest home - only with sunshine not big huge thunderstorms like today.

We miss you to, but this will be a fun summer and preparation for after graduation.

Love you.

Aunty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home