Saturday, June 12, 2004

The world has ended! The sky is falling, pigs have flown, the cows came home by themselves. I swear! Thursday night was the weirdest and one of the most fun nights of dancing I have had. Here's the story: so I ran into Tara on Wed. at the bus stop, which was funny in itself. And we talked for a little bit, and she decided to come out dancing since we were going Thursday. Now, going into this I knew I'd probably be getting myself into trouble, since I know that Tatsu really hates it when Tara comes out. So Matt and Emily and I get there, and Andrew and Tara are already there, and it's Andrew's last night. So we're having a good time. Matt jokingly asks whether we should make bets on whether Tatsu will leave as soon as he sees who's there, since he's not speaking to Andrew and hates Tara's guts. And then Meagan comes in, and Tatsu shortly after, and we learn that it's his last night in Seattle. And Matt collapses on the floor in laughter, because all bets are off then. There's no way Tatsu's going to leave. But Andrew feels bad, because Tatsu's going to be upset. So
we had to convince him it was perfectly fine. Because the only
reason he feels bad at all is because Tatsu has major issues, and
because Tatsu has major issues, you shouldn't feel bad. Because
there's nothing you can do about it, and we're all having a fabulous
time anyway, so just let him do his thing. So there's this huge
group of us, because it's Matt, Emily, Meagan, Tara, Andrew, and
myself who are all hanging out together and having a fabulous time.
And I was getting the "invisible entity" treatment from Tatsu, it
was pretty funny. Because he'd be walking in one direction, and I'd
be headed there too, and there'd be a "oh, I forgot to bring my
towel" and he'd go back to get it. It was really funny. But I fully
intended to make him dance with me at some point during the evening,
since he was leaving and it's very possible I'll never see him
again. So anyway, I come back from a dance, and I look up and Tara
and Tatsu are having a conversation! And Emily comes over, and Matt,
and we're all just like, "did you see?! Did you see what's
happening?!" and we were shocked then. They disappeared for a bit.
And then came back, and it didn't look like they'd had a brawl in
the street. In fact, they both looked just fine. It was so so weird!
I went over a couple songs later, to see if Tatsu would stop
ignoring me, and he looks up and the first thing he says is "Hey, do
you want to dance?" And I was shocked again! Usually Tatsu will put
up a fight if you've made him angry. Which I know I had, so I was
fully expecting to have to convince him to dance with me. But he was
perfectly happy to do so, and we had a wonderful dance, and a good
conversation about what he's going to be doing, and whether or not I
might see him again. Etc. etc. But the real shocker, is that the
last dance of the evening, Tatsu asked Tara to dance. We couldn't
scrape our jaws off the floor! His last dance in Seattle, and Tatsu
Oiye asked Tara Martin to dance. It was incredible. We decided that
right then and there, the world ended, and now we're all in heaven,
because never in our wildest dreams did we imagine that. It was
weird enough that they had talked! But dancing together? Never.
Never ever. It was amazing! It was such a crazy crazy night! But I'm
really happy, that maybe finally that awfulness that was Tatsu's
issues maybe worked itself out. Anyway, I'm still in shock, and
probably will be for a while. :)
I just thought at least a couple of you would be interested in
that story, knowing the background on Tatsu. :)
Anyway, things are going well here. I'm painting my practice
brains. And hopefully I'll finish them on Monday, so that we can see
how reliable I am, and then I can start in on some of the real data.
I'm still messing with that database, and although it's not being
quite as frustrating as it was before, it's still a mess, and no
matter how hard I try, I think it might remain a mess. Which stinks.
Oh well. I keep working on it. Work at the restaurant is going fine.
I heard the cutest thing last night. There are these two little boys
eating with their parents, and one of them asks "Daddy what's
(something unclear that I didn't hear)" "That's a drug" the other
little boy replies " We shouldn't be able to have drugs until we're
21." Completely seriously. And that was one of the cutest things
I've heard in a long time! I adore little kids. But only when
they're funny like that. :)
So, that's about my life right now. Hope all of yours are going
well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home