Sunday, June 18, 2006

And Now... An Apartment

Well, so, I've signed my offer letter, I have "orientation" for being an employee at Stanford tomorrow. I've basically already started working in the lab, and now, I have an apartment. Crazy. I feel like this should make me all adult, and stuff. But instead, I don't really feel like I'm any more adult-like than I was before. Oh well.

My apartment is going to be nice. Vaulted ceilings because there's no one above me, a huge living room, although the kitchen is a little small, lots of closet space, and a really nice bedroom. It looks out on the pool, and most importantly, it's a two minute walk to the Caltrain station, which will take me to work and back. And it's also not far from a grocery store. Both incredibly important things when one doesn't have a car. So, I'm excited. It's in a very nice neighborhood. I'm excited to go walking around in it, and there's a school nearby with swings and such as well. I move in on the 15th of July. So, I have to wait a bit to get into it, but that's alright with me, as it gives them time to redo the grout in the bathroom, repaint, new blinds, and new carpets. Pretty good I think. And it's got big windows with which I can let in wonderful sunshine! Yay! I'll put up pictures when I get some. The apartment is occupied, so I didn't want to take pictures of their stuff. But it will be pretty!

Otherwise, I've been dancing a little, reading, playing games with Sandor and his coworkers, hanging out with friends from college and high school, and life is pretty good. Of course, I'll have lots less time when I actually start working full time on Monday. But, I'll work it out. It'll still be fun. Hopefully. Except that I have to work next Saturday morning. But, such is the life of a lab assistant. Oh well, the kids are really cute, so it's not bad at all really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home