Sunday, September 10, 2006

Pretty Art!

So, Sandor and I went to a "Wine and Art Festival" on Castro Street today. There were tons of people there. It was basically like a large craft fair. There was lots of neat stuff. Very nice woodwork, pretty jewelry. I wasn't looking to buy anything, until we ran into this booth of art. It was incredible, there was just so much color in every painting. When we walked by the booth, I saw one painting that was just amazing, and dragged Sandor after me to take a closer look. We ended up looking at a lot of her work. It's pretty interesting. A lot of it is very sexual, but this one series that we were looking at was just cool. We ended up buying two Giclee prints, one of "Species", which Sandor is going to keep, and one of "Illusions", which I am going to hang on my wall. There are a couple of other ones in the "Windows" collection as she called it, that I like as well. I've decided that next time I'm buying "Species," because I think it is beautiful. Kind of expensive, but really unique art. So I'm OK with paying the price. So many pretty colors! I'm very excited about my new acquisition, and can't wait to get it framed and on my wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home