Monday, July 12, 2004

So yeah, I've been lazy too and haven't written in a while. Although
I should have. And kept thinking about it, but oh well.
Anyway, to fill you in, we had four weddings at the Club this
weekend, two were gorgeous, and the other two, well, weren't. It was
kind of sad. The two that were, I set up one and worked one. I only
worked one of the ones that was not gorgeous, which was fine with
me! But I helped set that one up too. Anyway, the one last night was
beautiful, they had peach and coral colored roses and juniper sprays
everywhere, and the linens were all white. It was very very pretty.
And the bridesmaids were all in coral. This one woman came up to me
and said that I should use this color scheme for my wedding because
it would match my coloring. Which I thought a very odd comment to
make, although truthful. But still odd. Especially since I don't
plan on getting married anytime soon. Kind of have to have a boy
first. But even besides that small matter. ;) Anyway, the bride and
groom looked incredibly young! And when we were back in the back
waiting for them to make the toast and stuff everyone was commenting
on how young they looked. Not that they were That young. They were a
bit older than us, but not by much. Our final estimate was around
24, they can't have been more than 25. And it's not like people that
young don't get married everyday. It was just very strange to see
people who Looked like they were our age getting married, and to
realize how far all of us were from that. Kind of crazy. The other
wedding that was beautiful used kind of a burgandy color, it's hard
to explain, maybe cranberry is a better word. And gold. Very pretty.
It would have suited Becca well. But yes, very nice set-up. The only
problem with it was that they bought this really tacky confetti
stuff, and it was so elegant without the confetti that I asked Misti
if we absolutely had to put it on there. Because it would ruin it.
But she said since they had bought it and given it to us, we had to.
It was so disappointing. So, note to all of us, don't buy tacky
confetti. Also note: don't make your bridesmaids wear black! Please
for all that is good! Black and white are very elegant together,
especially when mixed with silver. It's very pretty. But it's NOT
wedding! Especially summer wedding. Sorry, it bothered me. The other
TWO weddings were black and white. And for the life of me I can't
figure out why! It's very nice, but it smacks too much of winter or
a funeral or anniversary to be a wedding. And the bridesmaids in
black was just too much. It didn't look good. Even Dustin didn't
like it! Not that Dustin has bad taste or anything like that, but
just because he's a boy and therefore doesn't care much about color,
and therefore I feel vindicated in not liking the black and white
scheme for a wedding. :) I've started keeping a little notebook of
all the good ideas and bad ideas I've seen in the weddings this
season, and what I can remember of last. I feel like maybe I should
become a wedding planner or something. Or at least decorate for all
of them. I know how to do everything! *sigh* You can all use my
skills when you get married. :)
Anyway, research has been interesting still. We got another batch
of brains to work on, and these ones are a little more exciting. So
far I've found two that are such poor scan quality that I can't find
my structures, let alone paint them, and we found one brain without
a corpus callosum! Which is very cool. Now, we're supposed to be
blind, but this is most likely a true FAS kid, because that's one of
the symptoms if you have FAS really bad, is that your brain develops
without a CC, which means that your hemispheres can't communicate
with each other. Can you imagine? I've seen the videos of the split-
brain patients and stuff, and it still boggles my mind how they can
function when the brain can't communicate with both halves. It's so
fascinating. This same person also had huge ventricles in the back
part of the brain, HUGE ones. Like, when the image was on the
computer screen, the ventricals were as big as my fist, when
normally they're like the size of my little finger, if that. It was
absolutely insane. And I'm dying to see the cognitive functioning on
this kid, because we know the brain is pretty plastic, but how well
is he really functioning when he's missing large chunks of his brain
and the hemispheres can't communicate with each other. It would be
absolutely incredible if he functioned somewhat normally. I'd love
to be able to know. But I don't know if I can. I'll keep you
posted. :)
That's about it, had an absolutely fabulous Fourth, which I can't remember if I talked about, but it was great! I'll have to post the pictures. :) And I hope you all are having fun!

1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoyed your recent posting
Love G and G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home