Saturday, August 14, 2004

Coffee Messiah

Oh! I almost forgot! And how could I?! I have now been to the Coffee Messiah! And so have Matt and Emily. And you're probably all thinking I'm insane. The Coffee Messiah is a little coffee shop on Capitol Hill, and it has a neon sign in the window that says: "Caffeine Saves" which we have always found highly amusing every time we drive by it to the Russian Center. And we continually point it out to people we bring up there for the first time. Well, Thursday was Matt's last Thursday here, so we decided that we would treat him by going to the Coffee Messiah. So we went. And you have to realize that the people who hang out there are very Goth looking, which is cool in it's own way. But we really stand out. And Emily and I were a little worried we'd have to stay very close to Matt. But the atmosphere was one of well, you're not like us, but we don't care, you're welcome to come in here. And that was so cool! And the guy behind the counter was an absolute kick! So funny. And they have excellent Italian Sodas, so Emily and I have decided that we must go back next Thursday and get Italian Sodas. The most interesting thing about the shop was that they had musicians in the back, a bassist, and a violinist, and they were playing very avant garde music. I wouldn't necessarily say playing, because a lot of it was vocal. But, as Matt said, I wouldn't have expected anything less from the Coffee Messiah. The other great thing was that we walked in, it was dead quiet, Matt puts his hand on the counter, and all of a sudden, everyone applauded! It was very strange, until we found out that apparently Matt was the hundredth customer of the day. So that was funny. Anyway, very unique place. Good Italian Sodas. And I can now say I have been to the Coffee Messiah; although I didn't have any of their saving caffeine. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home