Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Small but Strong

So apparently my size belies my strength. Everyone at work seems to be very impressed with how much I can carry/move, etc. It's kind of funny I think. Especially the way they express it. Jason watches me carrying a six foot table, and laughingly comments how much bigger the table is than I am. Hugh watches me lift a heavy tray and comments that I'm awesome, Jen watches me put up a table by myself, and says to remind her not ever to make me mad. It's amusing. I didn't think I was that strong, especially because most of my strength is still in my legs. But apparently I can do a lot of things that the other girls can't. Which makes me feel good. I'm stronger than I thought I was, which is cool. It's just so funny how it impresses everyone. I don't feel like it should be that impressive.
The other amusing thing about work is that I have gained a new nickname. Brat. Dustin decided that he needs to call me this, and it has evolved from him calling me that every once in a while, to that being what he calls me most often now. The even more amusing thing is that after just a week of it, I'm responding to it. Everyone else still calls me Katie, but to Dustin, I'm Brat. This evolved from a conversation in which Hugh commented on how happy I always was, and how refreshing that was around the restaurant because people are usually so crabby, and went from there somehow into how I'm a member's kid, and therefore I should be a stuck up bratty person instead of nice and helpful. So Dustin's decided that I need to be told how I should be, thus the nickname. He's just teasing, and I find it funny too. Although I'm trying to come up with a name that I can call him. What I realized though, is that throughout the years I have had so many nicknames! I'm just prone to getting them apparently. I won't count Katie, even though it is truly a nickname, but I've been called Katie Killer, Crimelord Keller, K^2, Stellar, and now Brat. Every once in a while other ones are added to the list, but these ones have only lasted a day or two: Katie Bug, and Glitters are the two that I remember. Ahh nicknames, we'll see what they come up with next.
We had two weddings and two birthday parties this last weekend. One of the weddings was pink. That was the only color, and they had a lot of it. And it was just too much. It looked like a Mary Kay convention, except that it wasn't the soft kind of Mary Kay pink, it was pepto-bismal pink. It was rather horrid actually. The second wedding was better, it was all ivory and white with maroon accents, very nice. The weird thing about that wedding though was that they had no music. None, whatsoever. It was the weirdest thing ever, so we turned on our own music during the reception because it was so boring! The birthday party Friday night was awesome, they had a live band, and the people were really really nice. They had way too much champagne for them to ever drink, and too much cake too. The funny part was that the party the next day didn't have enough of anything. It was kind of sad. They also used live goldfish again in the decorations. I don't understand, and I feel bad for the fish. Someone said that goldfish are supposed to mean something, but they couldn't remember what. I still think goldfish should not be used as decorations. They're alive! Anyway, I'll leave that to the animal rights people. ;)
I got my lindy pants today! I'm so excited! They're the same as the ones we wore in Concert, which I know most of you haven't seen because I still don't have my DVD, and it's really annoying me! But, that aside, they're really really cool! And all I have to do is hem them and then I'll wear them to the exchange next weekend! So exciting! I might actually get to go this year! At least, I hope I do, because I asked for one of the days off. I hope I can go to more, but we'll see. So, for those of you who don't know, an exchange is where people from all over the country come to one city, and every day and night there's dance events, live music, and it's supposed to be a ton of fun. I didn't get to go last year because I was working, but I'm so excited to go this year. Plus, I'm so much better, that it will be more fun anyway. So, we'll see what happens! But the lindyhoppers inundate Seattle on the 6, 7, and 8th of August, so watch out! Dancers will run the city for the weekend!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see: I remember Katiekins, Sweetiepie, Honeybuns, Fingers, and many more .......

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

How could I forget Fingers?! I can't believe it. I knew I was missing at least one important one, but I couldn't think of what it was. All I had to do was look down. *shakes head in amazement*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home