Thursday, July 15, 2004

A Novel Idea

*chuckle* Did you know that you can now get personalized boddice-rippers? Oh yes, it's true. I was reading about it in Newsweek. And that, struck me as odd too, but hey, when there's no other interesting books to report on, why not? You certainly couldn't find anything more personal for your readership. (Oh bad puns. *shakes head in shame*) Apparently there's bookbyyou.com and you can go there, and choose a plot, and answer questions about your appearance and things, pay $30, and your name, as well as that of your love, or favorite movie star, neighbor across the street, down the hall, random person you'd never for the life of you marry but it would be funny to put them in there, and then you are the center of a bad romance novel. How amusing is that?!
 
In other news, there was an article in the NY Times that Ballroom Dancing will be under review by the Olympic Committee for the 2008 Olympics! How amazingly cool would that be? It would be the first time in my life that I've competed in a sport that is competed in the Olympics too! And it would be a huge step for dance, because it has not before been considered a sport, in any of its forms, even though it really is. But to be a part of the Olympics would bring recognition, acceptance, and respect for the athleticism that is necessary to do what we do. And that would be very nice.  Very nice indeed.
 
OK, I promise that next time, I will post the pictures of my Fourth of July weekend. I promise! You can hold me to it. ;)

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Here's a sample. This is amazingly funny!

The promise of pirate lore kindles the dreams of our strong-willed heroine, Lady Katie Keller, as she and her best friend Lindsay, scheme for high seas adventure. But being captured by the notorious pirate captain, Jack Sparrow, is as fiery and unforgiving as the seas themselves. Sparrow, also known as 'Sea Wolf', is a handsome rogue and Lady Katie ultimately loses her heart to this rugged pirate.

Oh I tell ya, I sure lost my heart to that one. ;) And I love that they called me curvaceous.... not exactly an adjective that I would use to describe myself, but hey, in a romance novel the girl always is curvacious and gorgeous. *chuckle*

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lady Katie huh! So who is prince charming? or is it Lord Charming. It would be so cool if you could compete in the Olympics. Have fun! Aunty

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha. No man yet, but we'll see what happens this next year. But I thought Captain Jack Sparrow was appropriate and amusing. :) Oh, and I doubt I'd ever get to compete in the Olympics, I'm nowhere near good enough to. But, it would be cool to compete in a sport in which people can compete in the Olympics. :)

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain Jack Sparrow, dashing, handsome, daring and a full blow trickster in the pirate world.....but does he dance?
AJ

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Katie said...

*chuckle* Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, and yet, since he seems slightly off balance all the time.... it would be a little odd. I'd prefer someone real anyway. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home