Saturday, August 14, 2004

Pants!

OK, so why is it that at the end of school I was talking to several people about how I wanted to make wrap pants, and they all thought that was a very cool idea. And now, I'm the only one who hasn't yet made my wrap pants? *shakes head* It's not fair! It was my idea! But, I have the most awesome fabric now, so mine are going to be the coolest wrap pants ever!! Yay!

On a sad note, Dustin has left me. Well, he left the Club. But he didn't say goodbye! What a brat! ;) However, I thought Hugh had left too, and that made me so sad because I thought all my boys had left me! But Hugh was back today, he was on Whidbey filming a movie! And apparently it was really cool! He was working with people who are really famous! Like the sound guy that he was working under, had just come off the Bourne Supremacy. And lots of people like that. So that was very cool. And they were on the South end of Whidbey, using Whidbey High as the sets. I could have gone up to see him! Oh, and apparently extras aren't called extras anymore. They are "background artists" no one's extra, they're all necessary artists. ;) So funny. I'm so glad Hugh is back though! He makes the day go a little faster with his silliness. :)

I went to the art museum yesterday to see the modern art exhibit, and it was very cool! I'm very attracted to pointallism. I like it a lot. So time-consuming it must me. But it's so very cool how just little dots can combine to make a picture. Van Gogh is, of course, a master artist, and I enjoyed all of his work. Van Leck had some very interesting things, including one that looked like the people came right off a wall in Egypt! They were all turned funny directions, like the people carved are. Mondrian was the most interesting of them all. And while I did appreciate a couple of his paintings, there were also a few that I just didn't appreciate at all. A little too modern. ;) But I'm very glad I went, it was a very nice exhibit, although we decided afterward that it would have been nice to know what happened to all the paintings during WWII. Because they obviously all survived, but we wondered where and how. Because the Nazis destroyed a lot of things. It would be nice to know some more of the history behind the collection than we did, although we learned quite a bit about the woman who collected them. I recommend it, if you're in Seattle and get a chance though, artists are amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home