Wednesday, August 18, 2004

IMAX

Did you know that the Harry Potter film I saw yesterday was almost nine miles long, weighed about a quarter of a ton, and, had it been filmed on an IMAX camera, the camera itself would have weighed between 80 and 100 pounds! It's insane! The one they took up to the top of Everest only weighed 42 pounds. Only. *shakes head in amazement* It also moves through the projector at a speed of about four miles an hour. That's really fast. Anyway, the movie was really good. I'm so glad I saw it again. I noticed different things this time, like the fact that the director likes shots that move through windows or glass of some kind, or stationary objects that you normally wouldn't be able to "pass through." It happens so much, it's not bad or good, just unique, and maybe a trademark. I just thought it was interesting. Sara and I also noticed that in the scene when Harry first goes into the Leaky Cauldron, there's a waiter/wizard who "disappears" an empty bottle of wine. I hadn't noticed it at all the first time, and we both saw it, and commented to each other at the same time. It was funny. The third movie is so much better than the first two, so much less childish. It's good. I look forward to the next four.

The amusing thing about last night was that we took a detour around downtown Seattle again getting back to the freeway. For those of you who know or have heard about my driving experience two weekends ago, we ended up in some of the same places, and it was so funny to me! I couldn't believe it. Silly one-way streets. They're so annoying! But, that's Seattle for you. Beautiful city, but the streets, bad news. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home