Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Review

So I kept wanting to post over the last four days, and not being able to, so this is a compilation and review of the various things that I thought were interesting or exciting.

I can now say that I've been to Krispy Kreme after midnight, which was fun and interesting. I had no idea they served milk there, although I have to say I rather appreciated it. Milk and doughnuts is good stuff.

Funny work goings-ons: On Saturday we had another pink wedding. I don't understand it! It was also weird because apparently it was their second wedding. The grandmother had missed the first one for some reason, and was so upset about this that they had to have another one. So they had a fifteen minute ceremony, and then a full reception; for 200 people. Seemed a little much for a second wedding, but hey, why not? Sunday was Australian Lobster night, and it was absolutely insane. I haven't had a night that busy all summer. I was wishing I could clone myself. The funniest part was that they only had 24 lobster tails. So only the first 24 people got them, and yet they just kept on coming! Oh well, good tips. Monday we had an outside tournament, and spent the day blowing up inflatable palm trees (which, by the way are as tall as I am) and folding napkin cranes. I also got the weirdest comment I've had in a while: I went to go clean off a table that two guys were clearing of their scoring equipment, and the one asked if I was waiting to clean the table they weren't finished with yet, and I just jokingly said something to the effect of Yeah, just trying to clean you up a little. He said to the other guy: "She's good wife material. *pause* For someone better than us." Which, I suppose could be taken as a compliment, but really, I don't want to be good wife material because I clean things. Weird.

There were some bad puns that they made on the radio that reminded me of PC, although his are usually better I feel like. These ones made me groan they were so bad. The announcers were talking about Hempfest which happened over the weekend in Seattle, and were saying that they even had a mini-Olympics, with high-bar and high-jump contests, all performed on the grass. So bad.

Speaking of bad, I don't think I ever shared the really bad jokes that I heard from Julian: There were two antennas on a roof, and they decided to get married. The ceremony was not much to talk about, but the reception was great. And the second one: The invisible man met an invisible woman, and they were perfect for each other in every way, but their kids aren't much to look at. OK, enough with the bad jokes.

I go back to school in four days! It's insane. But, I've been getting to see all my family and friends, which is keeping me very busy while I'm not working, although it's tons of fun. I really need another week though, to take a break. But, not to be. I'll just hurry busy hurry myself right back down to school. Talk to you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home