Sunday, January 02, 2005

DVDs!!!

Back from Victoria, obviously. Lots to say about that, but for now, must vent.

So, we got our DVDs of Concert last year, finally! It's been eight months. I'm thoroughly excited, and went skipping around for a few minutes saying "DVDs!" feeling very victorious! So we sit down after dinner, because Kari didn't come down with Mommy and Daddy, so she hasn't seen any of it, so we're happily watching wonderful videography of Concert, until Chicago medley, when it starts skipping. And then stops altogether. So, we take it out, blow it off, I notice that there's a fingerprint in the center, but, not sure how to get that off well without scratching the DVD, we stick it back in and it seems to be working alright. Go to the menu, find the correct chapter, hit play, see Ashleigh in all her Velma glory, and it starts skipping again, earlier than it did last time. So, not sure what to do with that one, I take out the other DVD, since I ordered two (one for me and one for my parents). I look at it, there are no fingerprints, excellent, this one should work fine, yes? No, of course not. This one won't go anywhere when you choose a chapter from the menu. So I start fastforwarding through the DVD, and stop at Chicago medley, it starts skipping, and then stops. Fine. Maybe the DVD player is dirty, we've had it for a while, we'll try it on computer.

Hurry upstairs, plug all computers back in and get them up and running once more, since they've been off for a week. Tension is high as the non-fingerprinted DVD is lowered into the DVD drive. It seems to be playing fine, the menu even works! We get through Chicago with no problems, go even farther! This is wonderful! I get to see everything up through the Country Swing, and then it starts to have problems again. Decides to start skipping, then stops, then pixellates, while skipping. No good. Stop DVD, try again. This time the menu no longer works. *frustration* Take DVD out, replace it with the fingerprinted one, hoping that perhaps the fingerprint is only messing up Chicago, and we're well beyond that. Seems to work fine, start with Theatre Arts because we were almost done with the Country Swing; beautiful! Absolutely beautiful, until all four couples are onstage. Then, it stops. Just stops, crashes the program. Fine. Try other program, maybe it will work. Menu won't go to that routine, crashes program. Try all DVD playing programs on the computer, won't play, crashes them all. Try other DVD again! Nope. Fine! Done.

So, I've waited eight months, and I still can't see all of my routines. I'm incredibly frustrated, have tried everything I know to do, and none of it has worked so far. We're going to get a cleaning kit tomorrow, see what we can do. I sincerely hope all of yours have worked well. It sure would suck to get two disfunctional ones though.

But, the videography is SO much better than what we had the year before. It's astounding the difference. And dang it! I really want to see the TA! People said it made them cry! I want to see it, and I can't, because technology is stupid and it hates me. I don't understand why I have so many issues! Maybe I shall go pray to the technology god to please let my DVDs work. Please?!

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful year so far! I look forward to talking to you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home