Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Owie Feets and Cool Stuff

So, we had gold latin yesterday, I didn't die, which is awesome. The class is amazingly huge! For a gold class, it's huge! I've never seen a gold class so big! It's like ten couples, plus two or three extra girls. Incredible! It was great because I had already done all the moves we did yesterday, I'm sure it won't continue like that, but that made the first day easy at least, which was nice. But, I wore my latin heels for the first time in a month, and they gave me nice little blisters. Now, I'm just masochistic enough to think to myself that because wearing the shoes again will make the blisters go away faster, and get my feet back into shape, I should wear them for a two hour rehearsal this morning (I actually only ended up wearing them for an hour because I was smart enough to realize they would probably hurt, so I should take other shoes, however, I had to wear them for a full hour because we didn't get a water break until after that). Not smart, at all. I have VERY unhappy feet at the moment. Mostly because if they get touched, I jump around in pain. Not good. So bad to my feet. Oh well.

I've also seen the last Firefly episodes that I hadn't yet seen! I loooove Firefly! You really all should see it if you haven't already. Although one of the last two episodes I spent time hiding in Sandor's shoulder because there's torture going on, and people in pain are just not good for me to be watching, but the rest of the show, awesome! Awesome Awesome Awesome!

So, there's also cool news in that my Physiological Psychology class (from here on out known as physio psych) has a lab, and we're going to be working with rats. Pending approval, we might get to lesion part of their brains, and then dissect the brain to find out what part we lesioned, after performing cognitive tasks of course, which is really cool! The best part is that the research has never been done before! So our class will be providing pilot data for a study to be done in the future, which is absolutely awesome! I feel kind of like I'm being used, since it's a "let's try this and see what happens, and then ask for money to do this on a larger scale," but, it's still really cool! Hopefully I can handle the lesioning and the rats themselves. We'll find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home