Sunday, January 16, 2005

Rehearsals and games

So, the only routine that I was in that rehearsed all weekend was the Viennese waltz, but, I really like the music! And we finished the choreography, which was awesome. So although we will look like wedding cakes, and I am quite serious, I'm excited about the routine. It's pretty cool. Adam and I are partners, which is awesome, and I like the routine a lot. Now I just have to make sure I remember it for three days, because Chris finished the last of the choreography in the last minute of rehearsal and then wouldn't let us go through the entire thing with the music! That doesn't help memory at all! Merg.

So, since I didn't have routines that were working, I did all kinds of other things, like go to the Huntley and get books, play frizbee, play Settlers, three times this weekend (it's awesome), play Unexploded Cow, and of course, Jenga. All fabulous times with great people. It was a very fun weekend!

So, Settlers of Catan is wonderful, because you get to trade and build things, and the jokes about the game never get old. And every time you play is so different. It's awesome. Unexploded Cow is a Cheapass game which means that you supply any general pieces that you would have from other games, like die and monopoly money/chips, and they give you anything unique to the game, like cow cards and city cards. The premise of the game is that there are unexploded land mines in France, and mad cows in England, so some genius decided to use the cows to blow up the land mines, so you get some cows, and each turn one or more of them get blown up! And if you blow up your own cow, then you get to take a city card, which means you get points toward getting the pot at the end. Probably none of this is very clear, you really should play, but the point of the whole game is to end up with more money than you started with. It's pretty cool. Especially with cities named Quimper and Peregueux (I have no idea if I spelled that right, but it's awesome) and one of the cities has a "sign" in the window that says: "Les Used Meats". It's hilarious. Anyway, good times were had in the game department this weekend, although we didn't get to play Quiddler even though Misha had it with her, but, there's still a semester of time ahead of us. :)

It's so nice to be back early, I like having time to get used to being here before I have to be incredibly busy and get to work. It's really nice. Of course, the fact that we have no school tomorrow also means that I start my week with my one class on Tuesdays! Crazy. If only the classes would have been a bit more evenly spread. Oh well, I'll live.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confusing as the games sound we are happy that you had agood weekend. Sounds like lots of fun. We have been inundated with torrential rain.
We really need it but it is melting what little snow is in the mountains and bad floodings expected.
sounds like you are having good weather down there. Enjoy.
Love G and G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home