Thursday, June 02, 2005

It has it in for me!

If you didn't think four mishaps was enough...

At about 5:30 this morning, I was awoken from my sound and peaceful sleep by what sounded like a tree cracking and then falling over. And indeed, that's exactly what had happened. The huge olive tree that grew just outside the window of the room that Sarra and I sleep in had broken basically in half, and fallen into the yard. Fortunately there is no damage to the house, and although a lot of plants are smooshed, and a small branch broken off the tree down below, the main damage seems to have been done to the olive tree itself. And I can't figure out why. The wood seems to be in good condition, hard and fresh looking, and it was misting this morning, but there have been much heavier rains which I would have thought would have brought it down if it was going to fall. But no, it just randomly fell off! Which means that now I have to deal with getting a tree service out to the house to clean up. I haven't heard back from Alan yet, we'll see what he says. In the meantime, take a look at these pictures and tell me just how amazing this random hunk of tree falling down is:


It's down! Posted by Hello


It's large! Posted by Hello


That's all that's left. Posted by Hello

On a slightly happier note, here's my favorite picture from the weekend with Ian. It's just so cute!


Ahh, so domestic. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's obvious that Alan's house is posessed and out to get you.
The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Guide to Exorcism recommends performing the Mangus Tripod spell. And if you can't find three other people there's also a solitary version.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Katie said...

*chuckle* Thanks Victor. I agree, the house is out to get me. Especially with the latest episode. I might just have to try the spell. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home