Monday, June 20, 2005

It's Raining Ash?

Well, apparently the fire season has started. Somewhat early according to Sarra. There are two really big fires out near San Bernardino, and there was another one not as far east of here yesterday. The only reason I knew this was because I was out on the back deck happily enjoying the 85 degree weather, and it started ashing on me. Which was funny because the first thought through my head was: Where's the volcano around here?! And then a couple minutes later smelled the smoke and realized it wasn't volcano ash, it was fire ash. So I was chased inside by the smokey ashiness. Which was sad. But, oh well, everything is bright and clear again today. Hopefully the fires stay nice and far away and the smoke is all I'll know of them, and not too much of that either! We'll see how the summer progresses.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I don't remember there being fires in the spring, just really bad ones in the fall when we got back. But maybe they were there.

And no, the ash wasn't that bad. Enough to make me go inside because I didn't want to get dirty, but not enough to really coat anything. So really not all that bad in the scheme of things. And as far as I know, the closest fire is out at the moment. I'm hoping it doesn't get to the point of wearing masks because of the smoke and ash, that was absolutely awful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home