Monday, June 06, 2005

Rhymes with Tree... Sounds like Bees

Some of you have already heard this. I swear I'm cursed when it comes to home ownership, or maybe it's just living in a house, I don't know. But the house is trying to kill me again!

So, Saturday morning Sarra and I were getting ready to go to her parents house, and she was packing stuff up in the family room while I was in the kitchen, and suddenly said, I think we have a problem. I think there's a bees nest in the chimney. And I looked over, and there were definitely yellowjackets coming out of the fireplace, and a rather loud buzzing coming from within it. Fabulous. In the other fireplace there were what must have been about 50 yellowjackets trying to get out of the screen that was blocking their enterance to the house. So we blocked up the one fireplace that was letting them in, put duct tape around the edge of the other fireplace just to make sure they didn't come in, and left, leaving the ones that had gotten into the house to their own devices. Fortunately, when we got back, they were all dead, they must have burned themselves flying around the one light in the house that's on a timer. Weird.

Anyway, the adventures just don't stop. Poor Alan, getting a frantic message from me every-other day or so. It's just awful. *sigh* When will it end?!

As a note, the yellowjackets seem to have gone away, but the pest people were coming today to make sure that there actually wasn't a nest in the chimney. Hopefully it was just a swarm that for some random reason decided my house was a good place to crash. Bad idea buggies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home