Thursday, June 16, 2005

Two Two Two Earthquakes in Five Short Days

So on Sunday I awoke to the bed shaking under me, wondering where in the house I would go to protect myself from a major earthquake.

Just a few minutes ago, we experienced our second earthquake of the week! Tharyn and I were in the office, and the computers started shaking. And as soon as we got to the doorway, it stopped. Which was fine. I'd rather not be in the basement of a huge concrete building when there's a large earthquake! Anyway, it was apparently a 5.3, centered in San Bernardino County, just NE of Yucaipa, which is 70 miles east of here. Crazy! Anyway, here's the site of our latest quake:
Hope we don't have to shake too many more times this summer!

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you probably will, they tend to come in bunches.
Have I mentioned that what I'm doing this summer is studying earthquakes?

ps. How ironic is it that the one time I bother to capitalize the first letter in my name, the comment program decapitalizes it?

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Katie said...

*chuckle* Yes I know you're studying earthquakes, which is awesome! Maybe you should come back down here and study them. ;)

And that is really funny, although it did show up capitalized in the post. I guess you're just not meant to be a proper noun. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home