Monday, August 08, 2005

Lindy Exchange!

Well, if I actually wrote out all the stories about random sketchy guys, and how great everything was, it would take you hours to read. Random guy missing where he was supposed to put his hand and grabbing my boob... you know, stories to tell my grandchildren. ;) So, suffice it to say that Friday night was good. Emily got her weekend pass, Andrew got the last one that was available, so I got to dance with him again, which was awesome as always. There were some good dancers, mostly from Seattle though, and a couple from CA, but nowhere else that I found. The band was good, and the vocalist was awesome. Matt came in for latenight, and was wide awake for it being 4 in the morning his time. Crazy boy. But really great to see him again. Had to leave early so that I could make the drive home, which was sad, but necessary.

Saturday, Justin made it here in a much more timely manner than I did. We spent the afternoon lounging, and then headed out with Matt for the dancing. The room was really hot, but Mike Emswiler was in the band (went to high school with me)! It was soooo cool! It's been exactly a year since I last talked to him, because I saw him playing in the band Friday night of last year's exchange, which both of us find really amusing. He's doing awesome, going to school in New Jersey, which is quite different from out here. And playing gigs during the summer. As far as I can tell, he's still just as awesome as he was in high school, which is really really really awesome! :) Saturday latenight was awesome, had some really good dances. Stayed out until 3. It was crazy! But definitely worth it.

We all spent the night at Emily's, because her family is awesome like that, and got up at about 9:30 to start watching the SeaFair air show. Her deck was really crowded with my family, her family, and all kinds of neighbors and people when the blue angels flew. It was awesome, as always. They are such amazing pilots, although I can't say flying that quickly upside down has any appeal for me whatsoever, I admire them very much for doing it. But yeah, awesome planes, all day. Lots of fun just sitting outside on the deck and eating (all day). Watching Justin and Andy nap (amusing). Playing cards, spilling my pop and having Emily's dad say that I might look pretty, but no one can take me out anywhere. Soooo embarrasing, but really funny too. Sunday night was also good.

My fast dancing was pretty on this weekend, so that was awesome, especially because, it's Seattle, and there's lots of fast music here. But yeah, the exchange was great. Not as good as last year, but still, so many good times. And Andrew and Justin and Matt all being there was just so so much fun! I'm so glad they all could make it out.

Anyway, I'm running on a total of eight hours of sleep in the last 48 hours, so I'm going to run off and do things with my family! No sleep for the exhausted. Seems to be the way of the world. ;) Mt. St. Helens, and Oregon in two days! Then there will be pictures for you to see. It's exciting!

4 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, would you say the weekend was "awesome"? ;)
-becca

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Katie said...

OK, so I used that word way too many times. But, there are only so many good adjectives. I happened to be in an "awesome" mood. ;)

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh yeah my blog entries are mostly full of *awesome* *cool* or *sketchy* things.

no one can take you out anywhere? what does that mean?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Katie said...

It means that you can't take me out of the house because I make a mess, or have bad manners, or otherwise am unpresentable in public. It's a fairly commonly used phrase, at least, I've heard it a lot recently. Maybe no one really should take me anywhere. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home