Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thesis

I tested my thesis last night! It was a little insane, because I forgot that just because I had a working program, that didn't mean that the lab was set up to run my thesis. So, I spent a bit of time installing speakers and other things so that I could actually run the test participant I had scheduled. But, it looks like everything worked very well, and I should have beautiful data from her! I'm very excited!

Apparently, the higher ups have cancelled the thesis presentations that were supposed to happen this week. Alan was displeased. But, there's not much I can do about it. At least I had sent him my pwrpt already, so that he could give comments. Now he knows I would have done well, even though we found out they were cancelled yesterday. *shrug* It's OK with me, one less stressful thing to worry about this week, although I have to say that I would have liked to have done it for the experience. Oh well. But now Alan gets to decide what I do get to do, and that'll be interesting. I'm not sure whether he'll want me to present for something else, or what's going to happen. That would be a little crazy.

Anyway, it looks like I should finish out the semester rather well, having run one participant, and hopefully getting to start analyzing her data to make sure the program is actually eliciting the results I want it to. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home