Sunday, August 29, 2004

Traveling can be an Adventure....

Well, I'm back in Claremont, safe and sound. Finally. Mommy and Daddy and Kari saw me off at the airport, which was really nice because it was so early. And Emily and I got to sit together, which I think the guy who switched with me was really glad he did switch, because I could see us having been really annoying if we had been talking through the chairs. Anyway, we talked, and ate, listened to the pilot talk about the different mountains that we were flying over (which was really fun by the way, and we flew directly over Mt. Rainier, it was absolutely an incredible view. So amazing.) and good stuff like that, and about two hours into the flight, we noticed that we were losing quite a bit of altitude. Which was strange, because we definitely weren't to Ontario yet. And then the pilot gets on the intercom and tells us that they had a guage reading that there was a high oil temperature on one of the engines, so they went through their diagnostics, which said that it should be turned off, so we were going to stop in Oakland and get it checked out. Thus the loss of altitude, it was interesting. So, we landed in Oakland, and the baggage guys come over and start taking baggage off the plane, and we're waiting for them to give us a time update, and going, huh, interesting, why are they taking our bags away? And someone pages the flight attendent, and she gets this really shocked look when they tell her that the bags are being removed from the plane, so a couple minutes later she assures us that our bags are just being moved so that they could access the oil. So they told us that it might only be twenty minutes, so we were just sitting on the plane, and then it was going to be two hours. So we got off the plane while they made repairs, and they gave us miles and a calling card, and food money! So we went and got smoothies. Which, I had a peach and pineapple one which was absolutely one of the yummiest smoothies I've had. Eventually we got back on our plane and made it to Ontario, and our bags came through just fine, which was good. But then, since we were around two hours late, we got back to campus a lot later than expected, and I ran into most of my friends in the first five minutes of getting back! It was so fun! But I didn't have much to unpack, since I only have my suitcases and nothing from storage. Blah. But, I'll get everything done tomorrow, and see more people, and everything will be just fine to start classes on Tuesday. I swear it. We were all wishing that we had at least one more day to get in and get settled though. Apparently Pomona did Saturday returning students this year, which would be awesome. I wish. Oh well, I'll make do. Have fun everyone! I miss you!

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you to! Have fun!!!! An T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home