Thursday, January 27, 2005

Busy busy!

So, in case you were wondering, my blisters are basically gone, which is really good because it would be really horrible to be in pain for the competition this weekend. Although, I suppose there always has to be something wrong with my feet: last night I got kicked, by a girl, and she bent my toenail back... the same one that was already missing a piece of itself. So yeah. Always something... dancer feet *sigh*.

Anyway, I've been busily doing all kinds of things, like chem lab, and Methods reading (Which, by the way, was awful! Try reading 120 pages on the scientific method, and APA format. I wanted to shoot myself.), and doing some reading on neurons that I basically skimmed because I've had all that info several times already.

We've been preparing the Bond Medley for the Caltech comp. on Sat. which has been interesting. We knew Justin was broken, so Sandor took his place, and we weren't sure PC was going to be there, so we worked with Paul a little on Tuesday night to get him semi-ready just in case. Fortunately, PC should be there since they moved the formation competition to later, which is really really nice. Considering that PC is my partner most of the time, and we have a lot of really weird moving parts, it's nice to know that my partner will be solid, and I won't have to worry so much about whether we're going the wrong direction or are out of formation. Which is really nice. But then yesterday we found out that Kaitlyn is also not going to be there on Sat. due to a family emergency, which, it is major, so it's understandable, but then we had to put another alternate in. Things are just kind of crazy. I know Ari will do a good job though, so that's good, and Sandor has done really well so far. I don't doubt it will be lesser quality than it was in Ohio, because none of us are quite back to that yet, but I certainly hope it will be worlds better than our performance at that competition last year. (Which was awful.) I hope we do well.

Besides that, we had auditions last night, which was kind of fun. 28 girls auditioned, and somewhere around fifteen guys I think. Which was crazy, we had to cut men! And of course we cut two thirds of the women, but, having that many people try out was amazing. Especially second semester. These auditions are usually smaller than first semester. Crazy! Chris had me consult with him on the girls, who we wanted on team, and... I don't know, it makes me a little uncomfortable to be judging my peers. Especially when there were girls I know and like out on the floor. But, I guess I'd rather have him have a female opinion than not. And as VP, input is what I give. Doesn't mean I like it. I actually thoroughly disliked the comment that Can made to me last semester that he remembers me as the girl who was sitting and whispering things in Chris's ear when he auditioned. Which is actually totally untrue. I had nothing to do with auditions last year, because Tara Christianson was around still. But I still dislike having a reputation that I'm some kind of slightly insidious decision making force. Especially because in the end, no matter what input I give, it's Chris's decision. I don't know, power is nice in some ways, but I'm not sure I like that aspect of it.

Anyway, so, Sandor and I are now hooked on "Scrubs," thanks to Adam and Becca. It's a TV show that's still airing actually, unlike Firefly. It's in it's fourth season right now, like Alias. But, we've started at the beginning, and in two nights are almost half way through the first season. The show is absolutely hilarious! They did a Star Wars parody that had us laughing for a good long while after the scene was over. Oh wow. Such good characters. I recommend the show to all who want to laugh.

Other than that, the Lindy Binge starts tonight, so we're headed out to Lindygroove to partake of the masses of lindy hoppers who will descend on LA to dance. It should be a lot of fun. I'm excited. Especially because the Seattle Exchange was so fun this summer! Hopefully this is just as good. I shall let you all know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home