Sunday, January 30, 2005

CalTech

So, CalTech went incredibly well. Really really well. In fact, my personal performance was better than it was in Ohio, which I was pleased with. Overall I don't think the medley was better than Ohio, but we still did really well, and as far as we could tell, we certainly beat the team from New Mexico. We didn't stay for awards though, so I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming. We were good. And Ari and Sandor were amazing, picking up the routine and their formations and everything in two rehearsals. They saved our butts by being amazing alternates, but the routine was good overall. I'm so pleased.

The most exciting part was five minutes before we were to compete, the zipper came off Becca's dress. We almost got it back on, but it wasn't quite working, so the best thing to do was just to sew her into it. Fortunately, someone from the New Mexico team had a sewing kit (the one time I look at mine and think: I've never needed that before, why would I need it tonight?) and so I sewed Becca into her dress. If I do say so myself, I think I did a rather good job. There were no gaps, you couldn't actually tell, and it didn't break open either! Which is what we were most afraid of happening. So, everything turned out lovely, despite rather ominous beginnings.

It was also awesome because we had an alumni cheering section! We had Janel, Matt L., Ian, Ashleigh and Jon, as well as Justin, Kristi and Ike (who are not alumni but came just to cheer for us). So that was awesome. It's always fun performing for some people you know. :) Yay for our awesome alumni!

And I just found out from Troy that we did indeed win. CCBDC dominates again. :) We are awesome. Alright, back to work....

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your dance team, awesome as ever. How are you? Love you? Someone asked me how you were doing the other day. My response was you were into Dancing and Brains, I was then asked what dancing brains were, so clarified. It is an interesting combination though!!!

Aunty

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm doing well. Tired, at this moment rather stressed, my methods class is really intense, and three hours of it is just not nice. But, I'll survive, I hope.

And I suppose it is an odd combination, but really... it suits me, so that's all that matters. The first guy I danced with at Lindygroove on Thursday had a PhD in neural networks. Pretty cool! He kept asking if I was going to be a neuroanatomist though, and there is no way. None at all. Way too boring! The cognitive stuff is so much more exciting! Anyway, back to the grindstone....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home