Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Liberal Christians Unite!

Christian Alliance

This is amazing. If we can create informed dialogue about these issues, and if the liberal Christians can also have a say in the policies that are shaping our nation, it would be absolutely incredible. Ignoring religion is not something that can be done at this point in our nation, but if those who are religious can have their liberal beliefs and have their say, it would be a good thing. The only problem I forsee is the conservative Christians completely closing themselves off and attacking, because they feel that their beliefs are being used "against them." I hope that's not the case.

Thanks to Kitri for sharing this with me! :)

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I agree with the policy as well. I don't imagine they're going to have an easy time trying to convince those who believe in the Old Testament laws, but at least there is now a place for the Christian left to go and express themselves together in a unified way. Because together, voices can be heard. I'm excited to see what this group can accomplish. I hope they go far.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What could possibly make conservative Christians feel that their beliefs are being used against them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home