Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Smoosh and Shiny

The day in which I smash an egg with my forehead, and get a new ID card:

We were at breakfast after rehearsal this morning, and you have to realize that having been up since 6 is really too early, and we're all tired and punchy. Colin managed to grab a raw egg from the bowl, instead of the hard boiled ones, so when he tries to open it, it kind of starts to drool. And we laughed at him, and then moved on in the conversation to nicknames, and how Stephi wants to call her kid Egg. After a while, I had the sudden urge to smash the slightly drooling egg which was sitting on Colin's tray still, and when I mentioned this, it was greeted with great enthusiasm by other people at the table. They placed it on my empty plate, and I was laughing so hard by that point, that I almost hit it with my head, which gave them the better idea that smashing it with my forehead would get me three bonus points. This was further clarified to be three humor/respect points, but I wasn't allowed to know which catagory they fell in. Anyway, I did eventually smoosh the egg on my plate with my forehead. It made a nice crunch sound. However, I have refused the continuation of this trend, in my peers telling me I should learn to smash aluminum cans on my head. Doesn't sound pleasant. But yes, I ended up with 2.5 points, because Colin looked like he helped me. It was highly amusing. Yay for entertainment when we're all way too tired.

I also, had to go to the card center today, because my ID card had decided to stop letting me into half the dorms on campus, and that wasn't happy. So, I went to maintenance, and they said there was nothing wrong with the card, so I had to take it to the card center, and they gave me a brand new shiny card. For free! So now I have the cool holography stuff on top. But I have to say, I kind of miss not having it, I was one of the few who still had the original card, and it was awesome. I also, no longer have the Disaster Hotline sticker on the back of my card. So if you have a disaster, I'm sorry, I can't help you anymore. (As a point of note, the sticker had worn away to the point that it said something like: Disast Ho and a random four digit number. But it was still useful, I swear!) However, I now have a shiny new card, so I can pretend to be a student, and get student discounts for quite a while. :) Shiny.

4 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not that he helped you, its that you werent doing it til he gave you a little push. Its the help to start that lost the .5 points. But dont worry, we still think youre a dork ;)

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now this is an exercise your percog prof might be interested in!!! What is the meaning of egg smashing with one's forehead and how does it affect brain function or lack there of. I can see things are back to normal.

Love Aunty

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Katie said...

But the egg was smashed down at Frary. How would anyone at Scripps either A. have known about it, or B. have known about it a week ago? Unless Becca's a superspy with the powers of premonition...

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...and I'm missing all this to be at Oxford? Not sure it's worth it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home