Wednesday, January 25, 2006

After CalTech

That's the motto at the moment. After CalTech, I will start sleeping again. After CalTech, I won't have to dance quite so much. After CalTech, we will start rehearsing things other than Bond Medley. After CalTech, I will choreograph my lindy. After CalTech.... the list goes on. Troy and I decided we need shirts that just say After CalTech on the front. I think it's an awesome idea. :)

CalTech, refers to the competition at CalTech, which is February 4th. Paul and I are going to be competing both Novice International Standard, and Gold International Standard, assuming everything continues to go well. If it does, we should be very pretty. :) And of course we'll be competing the Bond Medley in the formation competition as a team. This means that on Mondays and Wednesdays I'm doing at least six hours of dancing, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays it's about 4. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays get cut to between 2 and 3, but it's still a heck of a lot of dancing. Whee! So, needless to say, I feel like I'm doing nothing but dancing and homework, eating and sleeping. Which isn't a bad life, it's just, a little more insane than normal. But, with two and a half weeks to pull together a formation competition routine with two boys who knew absolutely none of it, as well as learning and practicing our individual competition routines, it's what has to happen. So, we've been doing that.

Aside from all the dancing, classes are going well. I got to be an absolutely horrible person and fabricate data for our Research Methods class the other day, which was really quite fun actually. The F-value was over 1000 the effect was so good. It was very pretty fabricated data. Because my world is awesome like that. They're starting their Stroop projects, which I think is awesome. I'm not sure they're quite as excited about it as I am, but then, I don't have to do quite as much work as they do... so, ya know. But that's because I've done it all before. I've started getting thesis ready to go, so hopefully I will be running participants soon. I get to have help running them! Which is awesome, because that means it should go faster. Which is always good. I'm just hoping it all works. I would like real pretty data please!

So anyway, After CalTech, I'm sure I'll write again, possibly more often even. We'll just have to wait and see. But for now, it's dance, dance, dance, class, eat, dance, read, thesis, sleep. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home