Monday, January 09, 2006

It's all in a Name

So, I took the CBEST on December 3rd. It's the standardized test for all teachers, in case you didn't know. I got my results on Saturday. They were addressed to Katherin, which immediately struck me as odd. Not only that, but my official little card that I'm supposed to keep forever that says I passed, says Katherin on it. I wondered if somehow I had mistakenly missed a key when I was registering for the test, so I sent the organization an e-mail, asking if perhaps they would be able to correct the spelling of my name so that it actually is my name. I recieved an e-mail today:

Your first name has more characters than there are spaces/fields
available on the CBEST Score Reports. Additional letters cannot be
added.

Well, excuse me for having a name that's too long. For future reference. Never name your child anything that's longer than eight letters. It might not fit on official documents. I mean really, I didn't think Katherine was that long. There have got to be plenty of names that are at least nine letters. Maximillian, Elizabeth, Frederick, Alexandra, Mackenzie, and I'm sure there are others. And since they want the legal name, and not nickname, those are always longer. I'm sure most names are about 8, or less than that, but nine is just one more... and there's plenty of space on their stupid little card. But, I guess from here on out I shall be known to the state of California as Katherin, the girl who lost her e because of official business. *Sigh* The sacrifices I make to teach your children. What's next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home