Wednesday, November 06, 2002

All right, so, after Halloween, I had a Latin quiz at 10 in the morning! So, I dropped my prospies off, wished them a good day, and went off to take my Latin quiz! I second guessed myself because I was tired, so I didn't do as well as normal. Oh well. I will do better on this week's! So, Fri. night, Camille did my make up, all sparkly again! It was pretty! Sarra and I went to a math talk up at Mudd. There was a prof. from Stanford who was speaking about card shuffling, which was cool, except that I didn't know what a modulus was, and neither did Sarra, so we were both lost as far as the math part of it went, but it was still mostly interesting. Later, there was another M.O.B., and it was fantastic! This one was costume, which is why Camille did my makeup. :) I didn't sit for more than five songs, and it started out with Phillip and Michael both asking me to dance! It was so fun! I really feel like I improve every time I dance! It was funny because we walked in 45 minutes late, expecting the lessons to be about over, because the ball was supposed to start fifteen minutes from then. But, we got there, and Matt L. (not Matt from Lindy, I met this Matt because he was my partner for the Ballroom team auditions) was doing something, and he invited us all into his West Coast Swing lesson, which was just starting! It was crazy that they were running so late! Although, Matt told me later that that is quite typical. It wasn't for the first one, I don't know. :) Anyway, so West Coast is just like sugar pushes and walk throughs from Lindy, so after the lesson, I asked Matt L. what the difference was, and he explained to me that Lindy is a combination of West and East coast moves, and that's why it was so similar. Interesting! I learned yesterday from Meagan that the kind of Lindy that we do is Hollywood Lindy, it's made to look good in a camera screen! Let's see, more fun dances. We did Samba, which is quite fun, because you do it in a line with everyone following eachother! And it's fun, fast, and hips! :) Matt took me out for a Merengue, and he did some crazy moves! He was having fun, because the basic step for that dance is just walking, so basically he could do whatever he wanted, and he did! It was fun, because it was a challenge to follow what he was going to do, and it was fun to let him have fun as well! He did some swing moves, and some where I was turning like crazy, and one where he did almost like limbo under our arms! It was fun! Matt L. took me out for a swing song, which was really fun, except that at one point my hair smacked me in the eye really hard! And it hurt really bad! So, when I got off the floor, it was tearing up, and I couldn't rub it because of the make-up! It was a bit funny! I danced with Ian quite a bit too, and he taught me the moves that I had missed from Social Dance on Wed. because we went to the Halloween dinner. The MOB got over at midnight, but it didn't feel like midnight! I thought it was around 10:30! Which is unusual because I am not a night person! But, I went to bed anyway, because I knew I would be dancing again later that afternoon, which I did! :) Lindy that Sat. was fun, because John was teaching us Balboa, another kind of swing, for faster songs. It's fun! But, not only did I dance, I talked too, and got to know people a little better. Matt told me about choir things, and we talked about Latin because he sings in Latin. It might be fun to join one of the choirs here so that I can sing in Latin and practice! :) I also found out that he used to play the euphonium! He's a band geek too! :) I went with him and Emily and Laura and Suzanna to get smoothies afterward. There's a place on the Pomona campus that makes really good milk-shakes and smoothies, and that's where we went. Sat. night, we watched Poltergeist! That is a scary movie! I didn't watch parts of it because itwas so scary! And we all shrieked afterward, because Camille's computer had the volume up from the movie, and when it was shutting down, it came up with the Monty Python sound "Run away, run away!" and scared us all! It was funny! Hmm, what else? Things have been pretty normal. I met with the Prof. at Mudd, and he says things should work out fine with my joining the classes up there next semester, which is awesome! I am so excited to get back into math again! Yay! I talked to Tatsu before Lindy on Tues., he had been at a Lindy convention all weekend! He lives in Seattle! Which is awesome, because if I can keep in contact with him, when I come back, I have someone who knows what he's doing with dance to get together with! :) And John danced with Meagan and I at the same time! Becca and I had seen this done, but I never expected to be asked to do it! It's a very strange experience, because there's another girl on his other hand, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with my feet, but it worked! :) It was fun, and interesting, but now that I've done it, I want to experiment with it again, and have someone actually explain to me what I'm supposed to do! I'm learning so much! It's so fun! But, I'm tired today, so, I'm going to bed soon. :) Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home