Saturday, September 25, 2004

Time flies!

Dear goodness, another week has passed! Time is going so fast! And yet, chem lab yesterday seemed like it would never end. Perhaps it's because I had so many things to do afterwards, that I just wanted to get it over and done with, but still. It's going so fast! I don't want it to! Ahhh!!

Let's see, we had our ballroom social today, which was really fun. PC and I had to get stuff ready for that yesterday, so that was fun. Actually, it was kind of exciting because we showed up at the dollar store, and there were four police cars, a fire truck, and a paramedic van out front. And we weren't sure it was safe to go in, but we think someone had a heart attack in the back room, which is really really bad, but, at least we weren't in any danger. But yeah, so we got plates and juice, and random cookies and stuff. We decided that we would play a charades-ish game to make people get to know each other, which was fun! Although really hard. And we also played a random card game, which was also fun. It was great, we had so many more people there than last year! It was so fun! 34 instead of like 14. Sad. Anyway, that'll be our last social until the end of the semester. Which is kind of sad, but good because it's one less thing to think about now.

We went out to Lindygroove again, and Jon was there! It was crazy because Jon is amazing, and yet, the first time I danced with him, I was so confused because it felt like I was better than he was! It was so weird and upsetting! But he hadn't been out dancing in like three months, which, then is totally understandable, and yet still upsetting. Because it's Jon! But, by the end of the night he was getting it back, and was better than me again, even if it wasn't by much. But he also paid Emily and I a huge compliment, saying that we've gotten a lot better. I think we have, but I also think that was partly a product of him not having danced in so long. Anyway, it was great fun to see him again! He's doing well, working for an advertising agency. Very nice. And apparently Tanya formerly from Seattle, now of LA, is starting a new Lindy club, it's going to be Monday nights, which really kind of stinks, but I'd like to go just once to see what it's like. Because if it's like Seattle, it should be wonderful! I miss Seattle. *sigh* But, Lindygroove will supplement for now, at least, until I'm too tired to go anymore, which might be soon....

Research is going well, I've run four participants, I have two more to go for this experiment, and they've all gone well so far, which is awesome. Prof. Hartley told me that there's plenty of space if I want to get my own project on the EEG going, or just to do my thesis or whatever. Which is really really cool, and exactly what I wanted.

Team is going well, PC and I ran rehearsals this last week while Chris was out of town. Hopefully the funeral went well. He's supposed to be back on Monday, although we're not sure whether that's before or after rehearsals. Either way, we're having rehearsal again, and probably working on the lindy. It's been really fun to teach, but oh man, we have to do a lot of work on styling when we get our eight couples for the routine. Dan sent me some awesome videos! They're absolutely amazing! I don't know how they move that fluidly, but yes, amazing. I wish I could dance that well. And teach people to dance that well! But hopefully it will still look alright. I wish we still had our good lindy people.

Anyway, things are really really busy, so I should go do my work. I have two midterms this week. So, busy busy work! Have fun everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home