Friday, February 11, 2005

Rain Rain Go AWAY!

So, it didn't just rain today, it poured. Once when I was out in it, and I came back looking like I'd taken a shower, and then it just poured for a while, and the campus flash-flooded! It was amazing! I've never seen anything like it. And I was walking across campus because I had to go pick up prospies for dinner, and there were just rivers of water everywhere! There was about a quarter inch of water everywhere, and in many places there were four or more inches. The entire Bowling Green Lawn was under about three inches of water, it's the huge lawn just North of Malott. Absolutely incredible! And the Miss America steps were a waterfall. With the rushing noise and everything. Just amazing. Apparently there's flooding in a bunch of the dorm basements, and IT thought they might have to shut down the servers. I hope not! That would really stink! But, it seems that the actual flooding is mostly done for now, although it is still raining. Real raining, not just sprinkling.

The real issue though, is that my tennis shoes decided that they needed to leak! Through the sole. So there wasn't anything I could do about it. It was highly annoying. I think I've changed socks about three times today. *sigh* Wet cold socks are just not fun to put back on. So I've decided that next time I'm at a Payless, I'm totally buying myself a pair of rubber boots. No question. It'll be awesome.

Sooo much rain! I just hope my shoes don't mildew or something nasty. I've tried to dry them with a hairdryer. But it didn't work terribly well. Ah well, hopefully it stops soon! Hope you-all are having better luck with the weather!

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey, don't dis some snow, I bet people at home in Seattle would be very happy to see some boring ol' snow. Especially in the mountains! But, I know it gets old after a while. Hope you get some different weather soon, although no extremes, that's bad too. :)

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie

Well our Seattle "sun" disappeared and we are back to Seattle "rain" mist and fog. Sent a card in the mail today. I have three or four pairs of boots, want to borrow them? Careful or you will lose that California sun glow and get back to Seattle rust :)

Love Aunty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home