Sunday, November 10, 2002

I HATE ants! I despise them! I'm reviled by them! I'm disgusted by them! What are more words I can use? It doesn't matter, I think you get the idea. :) This morning, I woke up, and rolled over and was kind of looking at the ground as I woke up fully, and I noticed what looked like wet drips on the carpet, and thought, "what in the world dripped on the carpet? Why is it headed toward my bed? I didn't drip anything! Ew! It's moving! It's ants!" I literally jumped out of bed and went for the vacuum cleaner without even telling Camille! But the vacuum wasn't in the closet! So I went for the upstairs one, and it's not there either! So I come back, and Camille hasn't even noticed! It only took me a couple of minutes to run upstairs, but still! So, we break out the windex, and kill them all, go through the entire room for food that they would like, we can't find where they're coming from, but no more seem to be coming, so we leave a note for Sarra that when she gets back to bring down her little vacuum, which she did. So we vacuumed up the ant bodies, and then went to brunch, and we've also found out that Mandy's room, next to us, has ants as well, and the two rooms across from us! It's the ant invasion of New Hall! When we got back from Brunch, Camille and I went on a rampage against ants because they had formed another trail! This one went seemingly nowhere! Into Camille's books? We couldn't figure it out, but this time we did find where they were coming from! Inside the wall! Ugh! It's so nasty! So, Camille went and bought ant traps while I sprayed and kleenexed the ants to death, and then we watched them enjoy their poisen and gloated. Our white board now says RM 125- Home of the Ant Warriors! And Camille made a sign for our door that says Beware! Entering Ant Zone! But, as of right now, there are no ants in our room! Knock on wood! It was so horrible though! All those little crawling creatures! Ew! Anyway, we think they came in because of the rain, it rained a ton! It rained all night Thursday, all Friday and Friday night, all Saturday (yesterday), and finally late yesterday afternoon, the winds came and last night they blew all the clouds away, so today was nice and sunny again! But it was crazy because walking down to Pomona on Sat. we just got drenched, even though I had my trusty little umbrella! And walking back, Matt pointed out that it looked like College Way was flash flooding, there were rapids, and the water was at least four inches deep because it was washing over the curb, and into the bushes! It was crazy! Everywhere was a river! Fri. night, Talya and I braved the rain to go to Red Room, which was a swing party up at Mudd. It was fun! There was a live band, and though it was a little crowded, the dancing was fun because the guys from Lindy came, and so there were good partners. :) Everything was great until about the last hour when most of the guys got drunk, and then we just watched them try to dance, because they really couldn't, and wondered how you could do that to yourself. It was really sad. But, that's their decision. I'm still kind of incredulous. How could an intelligent, funny, excellent dancer, go and get so drunk that he can no longer dance? I don't think I'll ever understand. Well, I've got three essays to work on, so I better get to work! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home