Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Wow! Yesterday afternoon was so fun! I really missed my family, but my friends here made sure that I didn't get too sad! They are so awesome, and sweet! My bed collected two presents, and some cards throughout the day, but I was saving them all until later, because not everyone would be together until later. After psychology, I prepared my research presentation for writing today, and then I started reading the psychology chapter for tomorrow, which is very interesting because it's all about attraction between people! If anyone called for Camille, I was supposed to say "The goose flies at 9," and we thought it would be really funny if her mom or someone called, because they would be really confused! :) That was while Camille was out of the room, of course. Camille and I got into a discussion about people being attractive to each other, and then Talya came down for dinner. We met Sarra at Malott, and she was surprised, because usually no one eats early with us on Mondays, because we eat at five so that we can go to dance. But Camille and Talya had decided that they were going to eat with me because it was my birthday, and Mandy joined us there as well. Meagan came over and gave me a hug during dinner, to tell me Happy Birthday, and Matt, who was eating at a table behind us turned around, and said, "It's your birthday?!" So, he came over to our table to eat, because he had been sitting by himself, and we had a fun dinner. Sarra and I were about to run out of Malott, because we were going to be late for dance, because we had stayed to talk at dinner, but Matt called to me, and told us that basically, dance was going to be cancelled, because Wes was a zombie after getting in at one in the morning from nationals. The Latin Team won again! :) Claremont is the Champion for the second year in a row! It's so exciting! So, Sarra decided it wasn't worth going down there if we really weren't going to do anything, and I wasn't going to walk down there alone in the dark, so we ended up talking to Matt for a while outside in the wind! Yes, it was very windy yesterday, and today there's a whole bunch of dirt and stuff in the air, and it's kind of gross, but there's no more wind. I think it was windy and sunny in honor of me. :) I am a child of the wind and sun. :) Anyway, we stood out there and talked, and the wind was blowing small branches off the trees, and things were falling, but we didn't care, because we were having fun talking. What Sarra and I found out was that apparently, the official purity test is different for Mudd, and so when we said goodbye to Matt, we went inside, and spent the time that we would have at dance, taking the "official" purity test. :) I am officially 97.8% pure. I am also 61.7% mathematician. :) The tests are funny. So, then I went to orchestra, and it was a good rehearsal. I still need to work on this one fast part. It's driving me insane! It's fast, and in four sharps! It's evil! But, I'll get it eventually! :) We got out of orchestra at 9 because we don't play on the last piece, because only strings get to do that one with the choir. It's sad, I wanted to play it, but they don't need us. Oh well, there will be other times, I'm sure. :) So, I went back to the room, and Camille told me I couldn't go anywhere now. I don't know where she thought I intended to go, but I wasn't supposed to go anywhere. Then, Talya and Mandy, and Emily, and Becca and Alana, and Sarra came, and they blindfolded me, and led me out to a car! I've been kidnapped! :) They drove around, and told me that since I was 19 now, they were taking me to a strip club, because I was legal. But, we ended up at 21Choices! It was great! I have such nice friends! So, we ate our yogurt, and found a nice person to take our picture. On the way back, Becca turned up some hip hop music really loud, and she and I were the homies in the front, and the six of them in the back, well, they were squished. :) It was so funny, because no one saw us! We had a good time. When we got back, I opened my presents. And Meagan came over and stayed with us for a bit, because she couldn't go to 21 Choices, but she wanted to share a part of the evening with me. She's so sweet! Everyone was so sweet, and they know me so well already! I got lots of sunflower things, and some smell good bath stuff, and some eye glitter, and earrings, and Mandy found a fun party book! They are so sweet! Yesterday was awesome! It was definitely a birthday I won't forget. Which was nice, because if I had been left to myself, I would have been very sad! But, it was a very fun day! Yay! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home