Sunday, November 17, 2002

Hi! It's been a while, but I have been incredibly busy! And I'm sorry if I haven't answered your e-mail yet, I will get to it, in the order that they came to me, because that is only fair. :) Anyway, this is now the blog of the official East Coast Swing Champion of the Claremont Colleges. Yay! We had a mock competition yesterday, and my partner Ian and I won the swing competition! It was so fun! James and I got called back for polka as well! So that was fun! But it was a bit crazy because I had to keep running back to get my number for the next event, because each dance the girl was supposed to have a different number, and I was dancing almost the whole time, and I couldn't change my number until I was finished with call-backs, so I was always rushing to get my new number! But it was really fun! John, who teaches Lindy on Sat.s was there, and I went over to get my water, and he came up to me and said that he was sure I was going to win the swing competition (this was before they gave out the awards, of course) because I was the best one out there! I never expected to hear anything like that from him, becuase he is such an incredible swing dancer, and I am such a beginner! But that was really nice! And, it turns out he was right. :) I got a gold candy bar, and a gift certificate to 21 Choices, which I am very excited about! :) Yay for frozen yogurt! I went to the swing dance that John put on last night, and it was really fun because he didn't advertise it to the 5-C's, so only those of us from Lindy, and a few random people, knew about it! That meant the guys were good, and there wasn't a huge amount of girls to choose from, which was really fun because I got to dance a lot! :) Yay! I love dancing! I saw Camille in The Crucible Thursday night, and she said I'm with the devil! It's great, because she has this line that's really long, and she's saying that she's seen a whole bunch of the town with the devil, and Becca and I were watching, and so we were with the devil, she did that for all of us who went, and last night, she saw W with the devil! That was her closing night prank! It was hilarious! Well, I'm having lots of fun, if you can't tell, but I'm very busy, we have Core essays due tomorrow, and a first draft of another essay due Thursday, and we're still working on the research paper, so, there's lots to do! I'm very busy! I better go get some sleep! Oh, I went to the Pomona Band's concert this afternoon, they were good, not excellent, but good. They didn't have a whole lot of dynamic range, but that's always hard. They had some good music though, and a really interesting Tuba Concerto. I didn't know there were such things, but apparently, there are! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home