Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Hi! I have a bit of time tonight, or I've decided I do, because I just finished a seven page rough draft of a paper for writing 50! I think it might have to be a 3-5 page paper too, which is bad, because I don't know what I'm going to cut out! I guess I'll have to figure it out! Anyway, I have character now! And for those of you who don't understand that comment, let me explain. :) So, two Saturdays ago, when it rained, and we had Lindy down at Pomona, Matt and Emily and I got into a conversation about how some guys don't ask anyone to dance, and why girls should ask. Matt's comment was that girls should ask because it "builds character." So Emily and I were joking about how we must not have any character then, because we never ask anyone. So, Sat. night, Emily asked Matt and Andrew to dance with her, and so the conversation started again because she had character then, and we were trying to decide whether she had twice the character, or two separate characters because she asked two guys. Matt just laughed. :) Anyway, so, Mon. I found out that there is going to be an actual dance competition on Dec. the 8! I was so excited! I knew I would have to find a partner quick, because the deadline to register is today, so I asked Ian if he would dance with me, and he said he would, so we will East Coast, Foxtrot and Waltz together. :) Yesterday night at Lindy, I went over to see what Matt was doing, and he told Suzanna and I that he had a lot of work to do, so he was going to leave, but I asked if he'd stay for one more song, and he did (he actually ended up staying until I left, even though I wasn't dancing with him the entire time I'm not sure why he stayed, but he did). He also agreed to Lindy with me at the competition! :) So, now I have lots of character! Yay! :) Although, I thought I had plenty already, but, you know. :) I actually asked two guys to dance, and they both said yes! Yay! I am very excited, it should be lots of fun! What else, let's see, Lindy was great last night, because the jokes were flying, and everyone laughed and got laughed at! It's a great group, because we are all getting to know each other better now, and there's only a select few of us who are there every time, so, we are becoming friends, and it's lots of fun! I saw Matt again at tea today, and he and Becca and I got into a conversation about what people look better wearing, and apparently girls look better dressed up, and guys look better in jeans and a t-shirt. I can see it, but that's kind of annoying because that means that we have to dress up to look sexy. It doesn't matter, it was just interesting, because from there, we went to accents, and how girls notice them and guys don't and why that difference is there. We couldn't figure that one out. So that one is up for grabs if you have any ideas. We're going to see Hair this weekend! And I just learned that every single space of grass on our campus now has caution tape around it. This is going to be interesting to see how long it stays there! They did it because the grass was getting trampled in places, but it dies because they over-water it! We understand what's going on, why can't they? Anyway, it'l be interesting to see what people do with the caution tape! Caution! Grass Growing! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home